Catchall that have no specific mailbox

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by NeonTigerUK, Oct 3, 2017.

1. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

Hi All,

Just wondering will a catchall in ISPConfig catch ALL email and divert it to another inbox, or just the ones where there is no matching inbox?

Hoping its the latter

TIA
    Rich

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Just the ones without a better match. A better match can be either an inbox or an email forward or alias.

3. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

perfect :)

oh btw is there a new manual coming soon for Debian 9? and will it include 8 > 9 upgrade instructions (multi server specifically)

4. till

I'm working on an updated manual. I don't have an Debian 8 to 9 update guide yet, but it's a good idea to add that to the manual.

5. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

last time I tried to update ISPC on one of my web servers it failed and caused no end of trouble 3.1 to 3.1.2 so I only did a few of them, problem was with mysql/mariadb update. hopefully these problems wont appear this time round

6. till

7. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

trying to call him, but always get the answerphone - dont understand it - my German isn't good enough - anyone able to translate ?

8. till

It might be that he is not in office at the moment. Have you tried to send him a message so he can contact you? We had a public holiday in Germany yesterday, so when you contacted him yesterday by email or contact form then he will probably contact you today.