CC for Mailboxes not working

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by N4zroth, Jul 7, 2015.

1. N4zroth

N4zroth New Member

Hello,
    I recently upgraded from Debian 7 to 8 and have a problem with CCs set in ISPConfig (not via custom rule but via the 'send copy to' field) not being sent at all. I'm using the 'old' config (dovecot-sql.conf.ext) which I renamed to dovecot-sql.conf because I didn't want my mails in the sub-directory /Maildir and didn't want to mingle with the configuration file (I know, lazy). But as far as I can see, nothing that is in those files should have affected the automatic cc. It's still correctly stored in the database (mail_user/cc) but just doesn't work. Everything else works fine and without problems.
    What am I doing wrong? The test for common errors didn't show any error.
    Thanks.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The cc is sent by the lda (dovecot deliver). Your altered sql file can be the reason for the problem as it might be that the lda is not finding the location of the .sieve file anymore as the .sieve file is normally /var/vmail/domain.tld/user/.sieve while the mails are in /var/vmail/domain.tld/user/Maildir/ The reason for the additiionla Maildir directory on dovecot setups is that dovecot might confuse the .sieve file with a mail directory when both are on the same level.

3. N4zroth

N4zroth New Member

Was that changed recently? Am I correct that the 'old' cc was in /var/vmail/mailfilters/{domain}/{mailbox}/.mailfilter?
    If so, does ISPConfig automatically create the 'new' .sieve in the correct directory and can I just move all old emails to /Maildir along with all necessary files?
    Also, isn't the field 'cc' in the database obsolete now?
    Thanks for the quick reply!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You seem to mix up courier and dovecot here. The maildir path for dovecot was always /var/vmail/domain.tld/user/Maildir/ and the .sieve file was /var/vmail/domain.tld/user/.sieve, this was implemented about 6-8 years ago and did never change. The paths that you named above are only for courier servers, they are neither used nor supported on systems that run dovecot.

Yes. you can do that manually as well. It would have been much better though if you wuld have done your courier to dovecot migration with one of the scripts that are provided here in the forum for that purpose.

Why should it be obsolete? Without that field there would be no place to store the info to which address you want to send a cc message so the cc function would not exist anymore then.

5. N4zroth

N4zroth New Member

Yea, that was my bad, I did that when upgrading from 6 to 7 (I kinda panicked).

I thought it might be obsolete because the cc is also stored in the .sieve :)

Thanks for all the replies I guess I'll do the work manually then :)