CentOS 4.4 - upgrade 2.2.6 -> 2.2.7 wiped ispconfig db

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jdell, Oct 11, 2006.

1. jdell

jdell New Member

Hi All,

Word of warning (and glad I did my backups first). I just upgraded from 2.2.6 to 2.2.7, and the entire contents of the ispconfig mysql database (all tables) were deleted.

At the end of the upgrade, I got the message:

All prerequisites are fulfilled.
    Here we go...

Connected successfully to db ispconfig

and then a bunch of php mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource (because the tables were missing).

I restored the mysql ispconfig db, and everything was fine again. Just to be safe, I re-ran the install against the existing 2.2.7 install, and everything went fine.

So, I have no idea why/how that happened, but do your backups.

2. jdell

jdell New Member

Server setup

Forgot to mention that I'm running MySQL 4.1.21 (using the RHEL4 RPM's from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/4.1.html)

Also, I've been running ISPConfig since the 2.0.x days and upgrading the same way each time. This is the first time I've had a problem with the db.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This happens if the databse username and password in the ISPConfig config.inc.php file are incorrect or if ISPConfig is not able to connect to your mysql database because it is stopped.

ISPConfig is doing a abackup of the database and the directories /root/ispconfig and /home/admispconfig automatically before the update in your /tmp directory. So you will just have to unpack these tar.gz files to their original locations, make sure that the mysql connection is possible and ran the update again.