Centos 4.8 Install of Postfix Virtual Users Courier etc... (not able to send local)

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by j.smith1981, Sep 1, 2010.

1. j.smith1981

j.smith1981 New Member

I am having having grave problems with now sending of local mail.

Ie when I try sending an email to say myusername from the logged in root user.

Ie '[root@server1 ~]# mailx myusername' says it went but nothing appears in the users mailbox in /var/spool/mail/root.

What do I have to do to get this working again?

Would it be secure enough maybe to send cronscript reports to an accessible mail user on my squirrelmail domain? (The domain I have running for access to users email accounts).

Any feedback is appreciated but I require this working please,
    Jeremy.

PS I have tried using /etc/aliases but nothing works when I set those up, just nothing and I dont want to have to put in an instruction on my crontabs on each job to get it to send an email to that particular user, would be a real ballache!

2. Mark_NL

Mark_NL Member

double, triple, quadruple check the how-to for any typo's made, steps skipped, custom changes you made .. if you follow the how-to to the letter, everything WILL work.

3. j.smith1981

j.smith1981 New Member

I will go through the steps again, that I think may have caused this problem.

There's always some problem that arises for me lol.

Thanks for your help though much appreciated,
    Jeremy

4. j.smith1981

j.smith1981 New Member

Hmm thats weird I am sure I didnt miss anything out.

Its working now though when I went over the steps at:

' Next we do some Postfix configuration. Go sure that you replace server1.example.com with a valid FQDN, otherwise your Postfix might not work properly! '

Weird eh?

Oh well anyways not complaining lol.

Cheers,
    Jez.