Centos 5.11 Ispconfig 3 - No Website backups

Discussion in 'General' started by Lionheart82, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Lionheart82

Lionheart82 Member

After the 3.1 update each web site I am updating seems to mess with its backup functionalities. So no backups are created at all for websites edited or created. Old web sites already set backups work as expected.

Backup Settings:
    Backup directory is a mount?: Not checked
    Backup Web files owned by web user as zip
    Time: 1:30h
    Delete Backups on domain/website delete checked.

In the cron logs I did not find any disturbing at the time of the backups. Any ideas where to start?

info:
    Centos 5.11 fully updated
    Apace 2.2.23
    php: 5.5.25
    Ispconfig: 3.1 Latest GIT Stable (updated 24-10-2016)
    Ispconfig test showed no issues.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Is sudo installed?

3. Lionheart82

Lionheart82 Member

Till you again? :p
    No sudo was not installed. I installed via yum sudo 1.7.2p1-29.el5_10
    After that i set a backup time to 11:45 (day not night) and waited by tailling cron.
    I saw no error in the cron and no backups in the websites too. I have set them to dailly backups with a maximum of 1...

On 11:45:01 i got:
    crond[31645]: (munin) CMD (test -x /usr/bin/munin-cron && /usr/bin/munin-cron)
    crond[31648]: (root) CMD (/usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh 2>&1 | while read line; do ech/bin/date` "$line" >> /var/log/ispconfig/cron.log; done)
    crond[31659]: (root) CMD (/usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron.sh 2>&1 | while read line; do echo in/date` "$line" >> /var/log/ispconfig/cron.log; done)
    crond[31663]: (getmail) CMD (/usr/local/bin/run-getmail.sh > /dev/null 2>> /dev/null)

4. Lionheart82

Lionheart82 Member

No success on the nights backup after all.
    I did have a complete system restart two days ago by they way.
    Do you have in mind any logs or paths - databases i could check regarding this issue?

5. Lionheart82

Lionheart82 Member

Finally i made it working by changing the global settings from "Backup Web files owned by web user as zip" to "Backup Web files in web directory as root user"

I cannot understand why root user did not work though.
    I traced the backups php script to /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/cron.d/500-backup.inc.php
    and i double checked the query "SELECT * FROM web_domain WHERE server_id =? AND (type = 'vhost' OR type = 'vhostsubdomain' OR type = 'vhostalias') AND active = 'y';" did bring back all the web sites.