Centos 6.3 and owncloud issuse

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by ar17787, Aug 23, 2012.

1. ar17787

ar17787 New Member

Hi,

I have followed this (http://www.howtoforge.com/your-cloud-your-data-your-way-owncloud-4.0-nginx-postgresql-on-centos-6.2) tutorial almost to the letter.

I then jump into the owncloud.example.com site and I get the first owncloud page asking me to set things up I type in all the values I want and when I click finish set up I get this bizarre "can't find web address" error (chrome say it is: Error 111 (net::ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED): Unknown error.)

I have tried restarting all the service (php-fpm, postgresql, and nginx) I have gone through all the conf files and they are exactly the same as what is in the how to. I have checked all the logs and there is nothing in there and dmesg doesn't report anything

Is there a log I am missing? I probably am an intermidiate user of Linux but this is really the first web server sort of thing I have set up so I am really a begginer at this and I think as a result struggle to see where the issues might be.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

EDIT: I have been doing the final set ups remotely will this be causing problems should I really be working on the local network?

Cheers,
    ar17787

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012