Centos 7 - How to ruby in ISPConfig 3.x

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by martinhe, May 15, 2019.

1. martinhe

martinhe Member

Hello to everybody,

is there any possibility of adding ruby support to ISPConfig on Apache?

I found clouds of tutorials using mod_ruby. Mod_ruby no longer works. Can't you please send me a verified tutorial ideally for CentOS? Ideally, it is SW available in some repository. The best solution is to include it in the CentOS base / epel repository, and so on.

Thank you all for the tips.

2. martinhe

martinhe Member

Bump topic.
    Help please. How to run Ruby on ISPConfig?
    I can t find this information on manual.
    I found on websites only tutorias for ruby suppport only powered by mod_ruby.
    mod_ruby is dead? Alternative is Passenger? How to implement passenger to ISPConfig?
    Very thanks.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig supports ruby integration with mod_ruby. You can probably use Passenger as well by pasting the required directives into the apache directives field or by creating an apache directive snippet Under system > Directive snippets for easier usage. ISPConfig will support Passenger natively in one of the next releases due to the end of mod_ruby support.

4. martinhe

martinhe Member

Is using mod_ruby safe?
    Upgrade I guess not even planned?
    Can I ask for a link to an official or unofficial verified manual for integrating ruby into ISPConfig, at least for mod_ruby?

Thank you very much.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

See post above: "ISPConfig will support Passenger natively in one of the next releases due to the end of mod_ruby support."

All tutorials that are available for ISPConfig are listed on the documentation page at ispconfig.org

6. martinhe

martinhe Member

In manual is not manual for installation to CentOS.
    How to add ruby support to ISPConfig running on CentOS?
    Thanks you.

7. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Have you now hijacked 4 threads about your ruby question?
    You could read the threads you have hijacked, use Internet Search Engines with
    Code:
    site:howtoforge.com How to add ruby support to ISPConfig running on CentOS?
    or perhaps best alternative is to get a test system, install CentOS, ISPconfig and mod_ruby there and see how it works.

8. martinhe

martinhe Member

Really, thanks for the advice, do you think I haven't been in for two hours? :-D

None of these tutorials work on CentOS 7. The most common reasons why it doesn't work.

• mod_ruby link download no longer exists, reports 404 not found
    • mod_ruby requires such an old compiler that it cannot be compiled on CentOS 7.

That's why I asked for proven functional instructions. When I found that there was no, I was expecting a link to some unofficial instructions, or at least advice on how to integrate ruby into ispconfig.