Certbot problem

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by John Ferreira, Jul 1, 2022.

1. John Ferreira

John Ferreira New Member

Have had this running great for years. Today tried to add a subdomain, it adds but won't allow to add letsencrypt certificate. Tested with a dry run it only detects the actual existing websites and will renew the existing websites.
    I have the proper cname and A Record for the subdomain. The subdomain content can be viewed using http from anywhere so it isn't a DNS or unreachable issue. It is a very weird situation to which one I really need some help.
    The server is Ubuntu 20.4.4 LTS and up to date.
    Certbot was upgraded to 1.28.0 (because I thought it could be the issue of being too outdated) using snap and works fine.
    I'm using apache 2.4.41..
    I'd very much appreciate any thoughts on this issue.
    Thanks!

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. John Ferreira

John Ferreira New Member

thanks. I've read it before but it doesn't apply because certbot renews domains and subdomains correctly and no errors are shown in the logs. The only issue is that any new domain or subdomain created now won't allow letsencrypt to be added to it. The check marks disappear after a while and nothing happens.
    Ispconfig places the request as it shows on certbot.main:Arguments.
    The I get this:
    Description: Place files in webroot directory
    Interfaces: IAuthenticator, IPlugin
    Entry point: webroot = certbot.plugins.webroot:Authenticator
    Initialized: <certbot.plugins.webroot.Authenticator object at 0x7f32bf6db970>
    Prep: True
    2022-07-01 10:32:01,862:DEBUG:certbot.plugins.selection:Selected authenticator <certbot.plugins.webroot.Authenticator object at 0x7f32bf6db970> and installer None
    2022-07-01 10:32:01,863:INFO:certbot.plugins.selection:plugins selected: Authenticator webroot, Installer None
    2022-07-01 10:32:01,869:DEBUG:certbot.log:Exiting abnormally:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/bin/certbot", line 11, in <module>
    load_entry_point('certbot==0.40.0', 'console_scripts', 'certbot')()
    File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/certbot/main.py", line 1382, in main
    return config.func(config, plugins)
    File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/certbot/main.py", line 1249, in certonly
    le_client = _init_le_client(config, auth, installer)
    File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/certbot/main.py", line 607, in _init_le_client
    acc, acme = _determine_account(config)
    File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/certbot/main.py", line 515, in _determine_account
    acc = display_ops.choose_account(accounts)
    File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/certbot/display/ops.py", line 84, in choose_account
    code, index = z_util(interfaces.IDisplay).menu(
    File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/certbot/display/util.py", line 503, in menu
    self._interaction_fail(message, cli_flag, "Choices: " + repr(choices))
    File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/certbot/display/util.py", line 466, in _interaction_fail
    raise errors.MissingCommandlineFlag(msg)
    certbot.errors.MissingCommandlineFlag: Missing command line flag or config entry for this setting:
    Please choose an account

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

That looks like you have two (or more?) LE accounts. Maybe from your test from command line dry run? There are previous discussions on this forum about two LE accounts, search for those if needed. But you should find the LE accounts and delete the one that has less certificates associated with it (maybe the other account has none?).

Jesse Norell likes this.
  5. John Ferreira

John Ferreira New Member

are you referring to this?
    acme-staging-v02.api.letsencrypt.org acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org that are under /etc/letsencrypt/accounts?
    Thanks

6. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Not really
    Try Internet Search Engines with
    Code:
    site:howtoforge.com letsencrypt 2 account issue

John Ferreira and ahrasis like this.
  7. John Ferreira

John Ferreira New Member

Thanks, will do.

8. John Ferreira

John Ferreira New Member

That was it! Thanks for your help. Problem solved... only took 5 minutes after arriving at the office. Have a wonderful week

till likes this.