Certificat - change hostname

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by stef157, Aug 22, 2024.

1. stef157

stef157 Member

Hello community!

I recently set up a server with ispconfig.

For convenience the domain is new.domain.tld.
    Then I migrated the data from the old server old.domain.tld to the new one.
    In the configuration of the new one (hosts / hostname / config ISPconfig - server config) I replaced new.domain.tld with old.domain.tld.
    I forced an ispconfig_update.sh and the certificate was issued correctly.

However, when auto-renewing the certificate reissued with the domain new.domain.tld - which is causing me a problem, since it is linked with Postfix / dovecot.

Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

How was this migration done?
    The certificate for hostname -f that is created by ispconfig_update.sh is also used by services running on the host, like postfix, ftpd, dovecot etc.. Have you checked what certificate are postfix and dovecot using, is it the same and the one created by ispconfig_update.sh? Compare dates, for example.
    If you changed the FQDN hostname, did you change it in all places where it is used?
    If you run acme.sh as Let's Encrypt client, and have website with name hostname -f returns, there are issues with certificates.
    You should read Let's Encrypt Error FAQ to see if any of the common issues there are happening on your server. https://forum.howtoforge.com/threads/lets-encrypt-error-faq.74179/

Last edited: Aug 22, 2024
  3. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Make sure your hostname fqdn is correctly changed because you said you changed new to old and it worked but on renewal it changed back to new, which is weird.