Certificate problems with outlook

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by tyliong, Apr 5, 2009.

1. tyliong

tyliong New Member

Hi,

I followed the Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL (CentOS 5.1) howto and it worked.
    Now I am having this nagging certificate problem with outlook. the first time i use outlook to recieve mail i keep getting this Internet Security Warning.

"The Server you are connected to is using a security certificate that cannot be verified. The target principal name is incorrect"
    when i click on view certificate it has the following credentials
    Issued to:localhost
    Issued by:localhost
    Issuer:
    E = [email protected]
    CN = localhost
    OU = Automatically-generated POP3 SSL key
    O = Courier Mail Server
    L = New York
    S = NY
    C = US

Subject:
    E = [email protected]
    CN = localhost
    OU = Automatically-generated POP3 SSL key
    O = Courier Mail Server
    L = New York
    S = NY
    C = US

When i click yes to the option "Do you want to continue using this server ?" everything is alright, i can send and receive mail from my server. but this warning will come back every time i restart outlook. How do i get rid of this error?

2. topdog

topdog Active Member

To get rid of the error you need a certificate that is issued by a well know CA whose root certificate outlook recognizes. But of course you will have to purchase it.

3. tyliong

tyliong New Member

There's a problem though i had already changed [email protected] to my domain name with the correct mail address. I initially used [email protected] just to test if it worked now i don't know how to remove this old cert.

4. skrydal

skrydal New Member

Did you figure out about that issue ?