CGI issues - 403 Error- Forbidden!

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by itgroup, Jun 1, 2006.

1. itgroup

itgroup New Member

Hi,
    I have almost got ISPConfig working as I want however, i have an issue with CGI. I have just setup one web site and when you try to click a CGI link, you receive:

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial]403 Error- Forbidden!

[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial]The following error occurred:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Helvetica, Arial]You are not permitted to access the requested URL [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial]Please contact the Webmaster with any queries.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]powered by ISPConfig[/FONT]
    If you go to http://www.griffithmotorcyclecentre.com.au and click any of the links on the left hand side you can repeat the error.
    I know this probably has something to do with CGI setup. I have clicked 'suexec' in the management section as well as enabled CGI in the sites section (for this site). What else can I try please?
    regards
    steve

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Did you put the CGI scripts into the cgi-bin directory? Did you make them executable?
    Does it work without suExec?

3. itgroup

itgroup New Member

different error

Hi Falko,
    thanks for the quick reply. I have moved the .cgi scripts to the cgi-bin directory and chmod to 755, but now I recieve:

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial]500 error - Internal Server Error![/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial]The following error occurred:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Helvetica, Arial]The requested URL caused an internal server error. [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial]If you get this message repeatedly please contact the Webmaster.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]powered by ISPConfig[/FONT]

Please advise. I have tried to run with suexec turned off - same error message.
    regards
    steve

4. itgroup

itgroup New Member

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You must put the cgi file to the cgi directory:

/var/www/web1/cgi-bin/search.cgi

and make shure that the file is owned by the admin user of the web and the group of the web.