Change defaulto port to another than 80

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by titobustillo, Nov 24, 2009.

1. titobustillo

titobustillo New Member

I am installing a web server, and my Company rules demands that port 80 cant be used.
    So, with Ispconfig 3, I can see that port 80 is the default, and nothing I can do works to change it to another port (ex. 25070).
    How can I do it?
    Thanks in advance:D

2. linuxbastard

linuxbastard New Member

what have you already done?

Can you tell me what you've tried doing to change the port?

changing the default port for the web server sort of defeats the purpose because ISPconfig was supposed to be a control panel for a hosting environment. What exactly did you want to use it for?

3. titobustillo

titobustillo New Member

Our company needs to deploy one server to be a web server to the intranet company, and some web pages must be visible from internet. So, we need it to be a ftp server too. I think that ISPconfig is a good chance to control this server. Now, the difficult is that port 80 will be closed, so we need to work with ispconfig and the webs through another port.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can change the port in the file /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf/vhost.conf.master and /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf/apache_ispconfig.conf.master

5. linuxbastard

linuxbastard New Member

reconfigure ports via apache config

I guess it is possible.

Don't have a clue on how to do it but I'm guessing it involves editing the vhosts file for each server (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled). Don't know how to make apache listen to a specific port, but again I'm guessing this one involves editing the apache configuration.

Hoping Till or Falko could help out.

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Never edit any file in sites-enabled manually! All you changes would be removed automatically. As I told you above, you will have to change the template files.

7. linuxbastard

linuxbastard New Member

selective port change

Hi Till,

what if I wanted one vhost to listen on port 80 and another to listen on a different port? As I understand it, changing the templates affect all the sites?

Can you give us an excerpt on how to go about changing the template for a situation like this?

Thanks again. :D

Found additional info here:
    http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/bind.html

So you just have to set the main apache config to listen to your port and change the vhost config to the appropriate port as well. I tested changing the vhost config and even after a server restart the ports on the vhost config file remained the same. So this might work for you.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009