change host/domainname within ISPConfig

Discussion in 'General' started by Hans, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

I am running Debian Etch and ISPConfig 2.2.13.

When i change the hostname/domainname within ISPConfig from subdomain.domain1.tld to www.domain2.tld, within /var/www the new directory www.domain2.tld is created as it should be. However the old directory subdomain.domain1.tld still exists with only the log directory within it.

I ask myself if this a normal behaviour, because within ISPConfig the web subdomain.domain1.tld does not exist anymore but within /var/www it still does. The only reason i can imagine is that the log files for the old web subdomain.domain1.tld must be left for information only.

If the behaviour is ment to be so, and the old web subdomain.domain1.tld is not needed anymore, it is easily to forget to delete it manually. Especially when you have a lot of sites within /var/www.
    (When a site has been deleted within ISPConfig, the directory within /var/www, has not been deleted as well).

I do not see this as a problem, but i would like to know if it is a bug or not.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The directory of the website is not changed, there is just a new symlink created when you change the domain.

ISPConfig is cleaning up the old symlinks automatically from time to time, so there is no bug if the symlink is not removed instantly.