Change hostname in ISPConfig?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by crow, Apr 29, 2006.

1. crow

crow New Member

How do i change domain and hostname in ISPConfig, i did finish installation but it sims i cant access to "test" server or my domain.
    i did foward test.mydomain.com to my test server static ip.
    But cant access trought it. I cant access to server trought ip but not to ISPConfig...

Should i add dns zone to my subdomain(and good howto for that). My domain.com is on my hosting, i need only to add subdomain or?

THnx for great application.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

First, make sure that your provider doesn't block port 81. also, your firewall must allow access to port 81.
    What's the output of
    Code:
    netstat -tap
    ?

3. crow

crow New Member

Thnx now i can access ISPCongif with local ip address,but with real ip i cant.

I added subdomain ex. test.mydomain.com (at my hosting) email hosting provider, and they fowarded this subdomain to my static ip. DNS test.mydomain.com return right ip that sould be.

I am behind Windows XP SP2 mashine, and i have fowarded all ports to local ip(well i think all ports). In week or so come real router, but i wonna play with this until that :))..

My question is should i add anything in bind9 for this test.mydomain.com or just leave as it is...

THnx

Edit: I post this in another topic (but your suggestion to him helped me also)

4. crow

crow New Member

netstat -tap:

I dont have any firewall, only this winxp box.
    How to check if my provider block port 81? (this will be only test) but wonna test it for real :)).
    Thnx

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Please make sure that port 81 is also forwarded.

Not if it is managed by another name server (e.g. by your provider's name servers).

The netstat output looks fine.

Ask them.