Change hostname on a multi-server setup

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Stelios, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Stelios

Stelios Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,
    I had to change the hostname of a server who is running both web+email.
    I've updated the hosts/postfix files to reflect the new hostname but I have to re-generate the Letsencrypt certificate for the new hostname as it gives me problems with a mailing list.

Do I have to run again the installer?

2. Stelios

Also forgot to ask, where else I have to change the new hostname to reflect across the multi-server setup?

3. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Find where the old hostname is mentioned in configuration files and change them. The reboot or restart every service. And make new certificates.
    Code:
    grep --recursive yourhostname /etc
    Read the ISPConfig installation guide and Manual to see all places where the hostname or ip-address is written.

4. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

In the hosts file of your other servers.

For getting a new cert, I think it should be possible to use the build-in option in the update script.

5. Stelios

All hosts files are up to date but the master server which holds the controlpanel still list the server with its old name.

Is there an option to parse direct to the installer only the option to generate/update the certificate?

6. Th0m

This should be possible through the update script. Maybe that updates the hostname aswell. Search for leftovers in the database aswell and find where those are set.

7. Stelios

@Th0m I've run again the update script but didn't ask me for the certificate nor the hostname anywhere.

8. Th0m