Change IP Address

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Ignacio Garcia, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Hi there!
    I have one server that must be migrated to another data center. Therefore both IPs (v4 and v6) will change. If I update the IP values in System->IP Addresses, will they be updated in all modules, such as DNS and Web Sites, where values are offered automagically by ISPConfig?

Thanks in advance

Ignacio

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

You need to configure new ip adress in the operating system, also.

Ignacio Garcia likes this.
  3. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I'd say may be because I never tried but I think, if you do so you may need to resync thereafter. I wrote and used my own php script while I was using dynamic IP last time which involves a dns resync after my IP update.

4. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

you have to change the ip-address in all database-tables and run resync afterwards. if this is a multiserver-setup, just update the ip in the master-database.

ahrasis likes this.
  5. So you mean that changing the IP in SYSTEM, IP addresses, and resyncing won't be enough? You're saying that I have to get dirty and modify the database manually?
    TIA

6. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

the system ip is the system ip and has nothing to do with defined ips for web-sites, dns, whatever.

7. I thought the system IP, which ISPconfig suggests every time you add a web site or a DNS entry wouldn't be hard-coded into the database, but a cross-value instead, as Ahrasis suggested. Well, I'll guess I finally will have to open the hood...

Thanks so much for your expert help!

Ignacio