Change mail conf erased all mail data into account.

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by moglia, Nov 23, 2009.

1. moglia

moglia New Member

Im changed autoresponse and create a new filter for one mail account moving all menssages with SPAM subject to Junk folder. as super admin into control panel.

It´s strange i can not reproduce the same at this moment all data on my mail account erased!

My first impression any one function recreated mail folder i don´t no whats exact happyness.

Exists a way to check it like actions logs to analise this situation, any one pass for the same problem?

I restored my folder backup to the past week and lost all mail from this week too.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. moglia

moglia New Member

adtional info about mail erase.

Hi Till,

I created routines do import mail accont into tables. need review it if on act to save account information check any adtional tables.

My account entry mail data erased. im logged into imap and all msg lost.
    Changed auto response too.

If clicks on save button without any changes whats de code do?

On my migration routines ispconfig_mailsize not created this file can change anyting?

Follow attached file with content of migration routines. you can help-me if it is only necessary to make migration of mailboxes. and i can release a final version of this script to help some others.

Regards.

Attached Files:

4. till

This script can not work as none of your domains and mailboxes gets processed by ispconfig. If a mailbox is inserted, the maildir and additional files are created by ispconfig and you skip these steps. You can not insert domains or mailboxes by just running a sql query, for every change there is also a record in the sys_datalog required to tell ispconfig that there is a difference in the setup that has to be processed. This explains also that files have been erased as there was no mailbox from the view of ispconfig and ispconfig created a new empty mailbox as you did the first changes on the wrong imported data.

If you want to import mailboxes and domains into ispconfig, you have to call the functions in the remoting API for that to ensure that mailboxes get created correctly. You can find the examples for the remoting_api in the remote_client subfolder of the ispconfig tar.gz file.

5. moglia

moglia New Member

cont.

I see mailbox-add client it´s possible send password encripted?

No way to feel another tables? Because account all ready in system. its hard to me fix it now.

Another tables complete before change on control panel? supose ispconfig create a new account. i will be backup data before change. i can move imap folders to /var/vmail ?

6. till

No.

No. The problem is that your system does not contain the complete and exact structure of files in the filesystem for the mailboxes and the entry in sys_datalog are missing. The only way if you do not want to reimport everything is that you edit every mailbox, wiat until ispconfig recreated it and then copy back the file sin the maildirs. But be careful that you do not destroy the maildir structure.

Yes. But ISPConfig must have created the folders before and you may not remove any folders created by ispconfig, so just only copy the maildir files.

7. moglia

moglia New Member

Including account using SOAP

Im used soap to create accounts and everyting is fine. im used sql to just get encripted passwords and quota to update. accounts created using soap interface.

Now im able to start create a how-to.