Change mail domain's associated server

Discussion in 'General' started by Bastien, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Bastien

Bastien New Member

Hello ! I have several mail servers configured (slaves) and I would like to change one (or all) domain's associated server to another server but the field is locked. Seems wierd that this is not a feature.
    How can I manage to do that ?
    Thanks in advance

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Are you logged in as admin? Ordinary users may not be allowed to change all fields.
    Which field exactly on which tab?

3. Bastien

Bastien New Member

Hello, thank you for your quick response. Yes I'm logged in as Admin and I would like to change :
    Email -> Domain -> One Domain's tab -> Server Dropdown List

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

It may be moving e-mail domain to another server is not possible so simply. It involves moving the mailbox directories to the other server and updating MX -records in DNS. I'm not sure, I have not tried to do this.

5. Bastien

Bastien New Member

Yes it inolves all that, I was thinking about rsyncing folders concerned by this and mirroring the two servers (if I understand the mirror feature well) while performing the changes. So I don't have data/connectivity loss to the service while performing this. But do I have to go in database to switch server ? I don't like doing that

6. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

you can not change the server in the interface. you must do this in the database

ahrasis likes this.
  7. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer