Change Master on a IspConfig cluster

Discussion in 'General' started by themark, Sep 2, 2014.

1. themark

themark Member

Dear,

as the distribution, on which we have had installed the master of one ispconfig cluster array, become old very quickly we need to install a brand new VPS server and move there the master installation of that master ispconfig (eg. we have 1 master and 10-11 slave).

So, what is the best way to archive that without broke anything? :)

Thank's

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You will haave to "move" the master installation to the new server (search for topic "move ispconfig" here in the forum) and also move the ispcsrv* users in mysql. afetr the move, the permissions of the ispcsrv* users.

3. themark

themark Member

Ok, i have make some research. Not very usefull indeed... :-(

What we have idea to make is:

[Enviroment]

Server A: Source Old Server (master of our ispconfig array)
    Server B: Brand New Server (empty)

[Process]

- Backup totally the Server A (backup as server image)
    - Install a New ispconfig on Server B (latest release, from scratch)
    - Move all the DB from Server A to Server B (and i mean *ALL* the db, included the user table on the mysql database)
    - Then change the DNSs on the new one and....pray!

It's ok that process or something missing?
    Thank's

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats should work. I use the procedure that I described in the forum regularily to move systems for our support customers and it always works flawlessly.

When you install ispconfig on the new server, then ensure that you install it in expert mode and that you use the same ispconfig db user password (from config.inc.php) that you used on the old server so that the migrated database passwords match.