Change panel port to subdomain?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ICT22, Mar 20, 2013.

1. ICT22

ICT22 New Member

Hi,

Be gentle as I am relatively new :)

So I have my dedicated server installed with Ubuntu 12.04LTS and ISPConfig 3 local installed. Lets call it: server.example.org

By default ISP Config is available on server.example.org:8080 and that is working fine on direct internet connections.

However it doesn't work for me from behind many corporate firewalls, nor my mobile phone provider. The port number is the issue.

1) Is it easy to reconfigure such that for example the panel becomes available on a subdomain listening on a standard port 80 say; admin.server.example.org

Secondly I'm also hosting my other domains, lets call it: myowndomain.com
    I don't seem to be able to get to it and login as a client via www.myowndomain.com:8080, only using server.example.org:8080 and then use my client credentials.

2) Is it possible to automatically add that subdomain listening on the client domain on a standard port 80 such that my clients can use; admin.myowndomain.com, keep that URL but are actually going to and working off the same system as if they were to use admin.server.example.org

I'm just trying to make it a bit more corporate friendly, and consistent for the end users..