Change Slave Server Host Name

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by senormedia, May 19, 2023.

1. senormedia

senormedia Member HowtoForge Supporter

is it possible to change the hostname and name of a slave server to something else, is it just replacing the /etc/hosts, /etc/hostname and the database info and restart the servers

2. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I guess that is possible.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, it's possible. I recommend using the user editor in phpmyadmin on the master to change the hostname of the ispcsrv* user of this node as the ispcsrv user permissions are split into various tables inside the mysql database and the user editor makes it easier than trying to find and change all permissions in the tables.

ahrasis likes this.
  4. senormedia

senormedia Member HowtoForge Supporter

ok on db only place where domain name is locate is server table, for the ispcsrv you mean just use phpmyadmin to edit it?
    could i just create a new users or better to just edit them

after i change host-name, host, MySQL tables, do i need to run update.sh to regenerate ssl

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

In ISPConfig database, yes. But I meant the MySQL 'mysql' database on the master server which contains the ispcsrv* users.

Creating a new user is quite complicated due to the required permissions, so better edit them. But it might be that it also works when you just run ispconfig_update.shg --force and let the updater reconfigure permissions in master database.

yes:

ispconfig_update.sh --force