Change Trouble Ticket Link?

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by jonwatson, Mar 25, 2007.

1. jonwatson

jonwatson New Member

Hi All,

I am using Cerberus for my help desk and it runs on it's own subdomain. However, some of my enterprising users notice the Help -> Open a Ticket option in ISPConfig.

I'd like to either remove the 'ticket' links from the Help menu altogether, or at least make them point to my Cerberus help desk.

I've scoured the code and while I can see that links look like they are included from a nav.inc.php file, I can't see to find them.

Can someone point me to where I can find the file that contains the 'Support Center' links?

Thanks!

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I think it's in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/help/inhalt_tree.php.

3. jonwatson

jonwatson New Member

Wow...that's lot of German which would explain why I can't find it. I did manage to comment out the New Ticket menu item which is good enough, I guess.

Now I'm trying to customize the Welcome pages. I've found the one for Help and one that displays when a customer first logs in, but I can't find the Welcome text for the page that displays when a user clicks on the Tools menu.

The Welcome text I am looking for in each case is defaulted to:

" Welcome to ISPConfig! You can administrate your website(s) here. If you have questions or problems, please contact your server administrator or refer to the ISPConfig client manual."

I'm trying to brand it a bit, but I'm ensuring the bottom of each of my branded pages says "Powered by ISPConfig" and linked to the ISPConfig home page. I know it's not required, but I want people to know they're using an OSS control panel so they can ooh and aah about it to their friends :)

Any idea where the welcome text for the Tools link is stored?

Thanks!

4. jonwatson

jonwatson New Member

Found it.

There were two entries in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/tools/lib/lang/en.lng

Tricky....tricky!

5. TexasTaz

TexasTaz New Member

Re: Branding

Well thank you for that, I found some other things I was concerned about as well, So mine is now branded of sorts, I don't want to take credit away from their hard work but I was able to work it into my theme/skin if you will.

Great Job, Thanks for your input.

TexasTaz

6. jonwatson

jonwatson New Member

Glad to help.

Yeah, the BSD license doesn't require us to leave any trace of ISPConfig, but it so wrong not to. Have to find that fair balance between branding and obscuring.

7. TexasTaz

TexasTaz New Member

Re: Branding

Agreed, I am thinking on Strictly pushing the ISPConfig for others who want to start small hosting companies and consulting them on the install and training of it.

Or better yet writing a little tutorial to help them with some of the things that are not spelled out.

See ya,
    TexasTaz