Changed IP of master control panel and now none of my remotes can connect

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by webguyz, Oct 12, 2016.

1. webguyz

webguyz Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

All my remotes are failing. What do I have to add to my standalone master cp so that my remotes can get their updates. Is there a company that offers support of ispconfig for a fee? I am over my head on this and need some help as I can not get any updates to my servers.

PHP Warning: mysqli_connect(): (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'ispcsrv4'@'ispmail50.webguyz.net' (using password: YES) in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 79
    PHP Warning: mysqli_connect(): (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'ispcsrv4'@'ispmail50.webguyz.net' (using password: YES) in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 85
    PHP Warning: mysqli_connect(): (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'ispcsrv9'@ 'ispweb52.webguyz.net' (using password: YES) in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/ classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 85
    PHP Warning: mysqli_connect(): (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'ispcsrv9'@ 'ispweb52.webguyz.net' (using password: YES) in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/ classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 85

2. webguyz

UPDATE: got all but one server that I messed with the pw up and running
    Where I screwed up was I was in a middle of a migrate and when I set up the new Target and remotes I was using:
    dotcpx.webxxxxxxx.com
    Since the migration was finished I changed the DNS for the new master to:
    dotcp.webxxxxxxxx.com
    and changed the old master to dotcpx.webxxxxx.com
    Because I did that the remotes were going to the old server and not the new server
    I had to add a /etc/hosts entry to all my remotes
    72.249.xx.130 dotcpx.webxxxxxx.com dotcpx
    after restarting networking everything started to fly right except for one server that I had manually gone to the ispcsrv user on the master and change the password and screwed it up.
    What is the password supposed to be? Once I figure out what its supposed to be I can change the password back.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  3. webguyz

So where do the remotes store the login and password they send to the master cp? If figure out how to change the MySQL users pw's but not sure what the correct pw's are supposed to be. I assume the remote stores it somewhere.
    I looked in /var/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/db_MySQL.inc.sh but only saw as below. Am I supposed to set a value for $dbPass ?:

class db extends mysqli
    {
    /**#@+
    * @access private
    */
    private $_iQueryId;
    private $_iConnId;
    private $dbHost = ''; // hostname of the MySQL server
    private $dbPort = ''; // port of the MySQL server
    private $dbName = ''; // logical database name on that server
    private $dbUser = ''; // database authorized user
    private $dbPass = ''; // user's password
    private $dbCharset = 'utf8';// Database charset
    private $dbNewLink = false; // Return a new linkID when connect is called again
    private $dbClientFlags = 0; // MySQL Client falgs
    /**#@-*/
    public $show_error_messages = false; // false in server, true in int

4. webguyz

Found them in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php
    Thanks Florian!