Changing a currency symbol in mysql database

Discussion in 'Programming/Scripts' started by SpydrSS, Jul 10, 2007.

1. SpydrSS

SpydrSS New Member

Hi there everyone, I hope I have fellow friends with GREAT knowledge here...

I have a rather small problem. I sell turnkey sites in South Africa, but obviously we don't market them locally, so all the turnkeys are in dollars or Ponds.

So here's my problem, I installed a site for a customer for realty, but the whole site is databased driven, and there's only an option for Dollar and you guessed it Pounds. All i need to do is change the dollar sign to a R...

Seems easy enough, but I have no clue how to use databases, and I've already had to reload his site once.

The site is a realty site from dotcombuilder...

here's the link to the site...
    http://www.primeproperty.za.net

cam someone please help me get this customer off my back... PLEASE!!!

Regards
    Stanley

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I suggest that you install phpMyAdmin. That way you have a web interface to the MySQL database and can easily change the currency symbol. :)

3. SpydrSS

SpydrSS New Member

Hi there, thanks for the response, I do have phpMyAdmin on my hosting, but when i go there i have no idea what i must search for or do... Is there any where i must go to find where the dollar sign is?

Thanks for the help

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Yes, you must go to the right database, then the right table in that database, and then find the correct record in that table.