Changing default file upload permissions in PHP-CGI

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by dabro, Sep 26, 2008.

1. dabro

dabro New Member

I have just realized file uploads using PHP, the permissions are defaulted to 600 and the webserver cannot see them. I'm running php5-cgi and the owner and group are being set properly, eg. web##_admin, web##. But the permissions should be set to 644. I don't see any way to change the default umask in the php.ini config file.

I originally set this server up using SU-PHP in a tutorial available here. Since that time I have updated and upgraded my server using apt. Everything appeared to still be functioning fine. What did I break? How can I tell what user Apache is running under? I'm using Drupal and it is still operating properly, if I create a directory inside Drupal it, it creates the directory with owner- web##_admin and group- web## with default permission of 775, which appears properly. But if I upload a file inside drupal the ownership is correct but the permission is 600. Not viewable. Any help would be appreciated, Dave

BTW my ISPConfig version is 2.2.23

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The ownership is correct. To set another umask of the uploaded file, you can e.g. use the chmod command in php.