Changing default settings for mail accounts

Discussion in 'General' started by morphinex, Aug 4, 2005.

1. morphinex

morphinex New Member

Is this possible?

I'm thinking about settings like antivirus on/off, spam control etc.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

It's already implemented! :D Have a look at the "Spamfilter & Antivirus" tab ("User & Email" -> "Spamfilter & Antivirus").

3. morphinex

morphinex New Member

I'm not sure if we understand each other completely... :)

I want to turn spam and virus checking on for all new accounts, without having to turn it on for every user...

As far as I can see you gave me the directions to alter the settings for one user, am I right?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You can turn on/off the spamfilter under Management -> Server -> Settings -> Email.

5. hagel

hagel New Member

Hmm, I had a look at that option, but that only turns on/off the ability to turn on/off thoose options for every mail-account. I believe the question was regarding when you create a new mail-account to have the defaults for antivir/spam on instead of having to manually edit them on every new account.

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes and as Falko posted above you can turn it off globally under Management -> Server -> Settings -> Email.

7. hagel

hagel New Member

Yes, but we don't want to turn it on/off globally, 'cause that option only allows/disallows us to turn it on in every new e-mail account. We want to turn it on by default in every new e-mail account, but that option isn't available as far as I can see.

I've turned on antivir and spam globally under server settings in management but I still have to turn on antivir and spam under every new e-mail account.

I hope you understand what I'm looking for now.

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Changing the defaults will be possible with the forms editor that is part of the next ISPConfig release. The forms editor is alo available in the current SVN releases. Note: The form editor is not intended for use on production systems. Changing forms may damage your ISPConfig installation, make backups of the database before you change anything.