Changing IP on running system

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jlaughy, Sep 29, 2005.

1. jlaughy

jlaughy Member

Hi,

what is the most simple way to change the ip (ISPConfig) on a configured and running system.
    I installed the system on a 80.* range now the range will be 213.*

The 80* matches in a lot of ispconfig binaries. Do I need to re-install the system or is there an easier way?

WKR, JL

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Change the IP in /root/ispconfig/httpd/conf/httpd.conf and in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php (if it is in there).
    Then change the IP in ISPConfig itself (Management -> Server -> Settings). You also have to change it for every web site in ISPConfig.

3. domino

domino New Member

Is there a way so that ISPConfig can handle all those operation. I mean since it'sa controlPanel and all. Maybe in future builds?

4. jlaughy

jlaughy Member

Before I posted the message I allready found some records by using grep -r 80.xxx.xxx.* /etc and so on. So I allready changed the IP in some other files... and did not find it in by Falko the named files - the server was also running at 213.xxx.xxx.xxx.
    I did not found management --> server.... because the IP was already running at 213. I added the new address in /etc/hosts on my notebook and after that I could enter ISPConfig again to change it.

5. cbhargava

cbhargava New Member

Installation should be forgiving

I feel that ISPConfig installation should be more forgiving. I'm trying to install ISPConfig on Ubunu Linux 5.04 and have been following instructions at http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_setup_ubuntu_5.04_p6.

This is my 11th try to install ISPConfig and looks like the setup is not forgiving at all. Every time the setup starts from begning and wastes a lot of time :-(

I tried starting setup from middle using ./setup2 but didn't work.

I'm still sruggling with installation and hope that the setup would be more forgiving in the future.

6. falko

Where exactly do you have problems during the installation? Is it because you made wrong answers to the questions of the installer, or is it something else?

7. cbhargava

cbhargava New Member

Sometimes it was a keystroke problem and sometimes the mysql / other services issue. There is a point where it askes for mysql server, I was confused at that prompt and hit enter there. The setup crashed and I had to restart the setup. At one time the /tmp/install* directory was erased (don't know how) and the setup refused to start at all (because the install dir was gone).

The worse part that I hated was to create the certs every time the setup was started. The setup should have detedted the certs (already made) and continued after that.

In the final attempt I made the DSA certs and went through expert install process.

Finally the setup completed fine and the whole setup is working. :) Thanks for help.

Regards,

Chetan Bhargava

8. blocker

blocker Member

Hostname change

Hello,

and what about when hostname should be changed, is it enough to change it in the ISPconfig panel, or should it be changed in every config file like /etc/postfix/main.cf e.t.c.

Thanks

9. falko

You must also change it in the config files.