Changing ISPConfig - FTP

Discussion in 'General' started by alexillsley, Dec 29, 2006.

1. alexillsley

alexillsley New Member

Hi,
    Would it be possible to make it if you tick the ftp access box for the site that the user that owns the site has an ftp account set up with there username and password for thats site. Instead of having to create a user & email for the site to have ftp access.
    Thanks,
    Alex

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is no site specific user owning the site befor you create a admin user under user & email.

If you mean the client users, they are just a virtual construct inside ISPConfig and not linux users.

3. alexillsley

alexillsley New Member

Would it be possible to make an FTP accounts tab under a site, and there you can create FTP users, becuase you may not want someone with an email account to have FTP access or the other way arround you might not want an FTP user to have an email account,
    Thanks,
    Alex

4. till

There is already a patch for a similar solution (FTP checkbox for the user) in the SVN of the dev branch, but it is not released yet.

5. alexillsley

alexillsley New Member

Whats SVN? When will it be released? I can test it if you like?
    Look forward to patch:)
    Thanks alex

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

7. alexillsley

alexillsley New Member

Where can i download the patch from?
    Thanks,
    Alex

8. till

There is no such patch for the currect stable ISPConfig. The function is part of the development in the ISPConfig development branch.

9. alexillsley

alexillsley New Member

:( , I have got a new idea would it be possible to make an extra tab "FTP ACCOUNTS" on the "ISP site" form via the form designer, which has username & password for the ftp account and then when it saves it adds the user to proftpd. Then remove ftp access from the users with email accounts somehow.
    Any idea how i could do this?
    Thanks,
    Alex

10. falko

This can be done only by making big changes to the source code.

11. alexillsley

alexillsley New Member

could you help me make changes to it?

12. falko

As I said the changes are rather big, so it would take a lot of time and testing. I'm afraid you have to do it yourself...