Changing log level to error but still debug

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by riverman, Feb 29, 2020.

1. riverman

riverman New Member

Hi,
    I have two Debian 9 servers with ISP-Config 3.1.15p3 installed as Master/Slave. The both servers is set to Log level: Error, but master server is logging at DEBUG level.
    Ex:
    I have changed log level to debug and then back to error again. But no result!
    This is my settings:
    What can I do to fix this?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you are sure that you set the correct level for all servers, then add a bug report at git.spconfig.org. It might be that this debug message has a wrong log level assigned if it still pops up.

3. riverman

riverman New Member

I changed log_priority in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/config.inc.php and now it stopped logging cookie_domain
    I also changed in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php and now I don't have server_lock messages.
    Code:
    $conf['log_priority'] = 1; // 0 = Debug, 1 = Warning, 2 = Error
    But now I guess I have changed things that can give me problems in the future or what do you say?

4. till

It is ok to change that manually. The default of that setting is 2, so you probably changed it manually to 0 in the past and that's why you got debug messages.

5. riverman

riverman New Member

Aha, yes you are probable right that I have changed it in past!
    So if I understand it correct, log level in web gui is for everything but server.sh and interface debugging. If needed to debug server.sh and interface log level I have to change in config.inc.php in server/interface directory?

6. till

The loglevel setting in the gui normally overrides this config setting. But it might be that the override is implemented in a way that it happens only when the log level in GUI is lower. So by setting it from default error (2) to debug (0) in the file, you basically disabled the override from GUI.