changing of webspace owner

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by brody, Aug 22, 2005.

1. brody

brody New Member

How can I move an existing webspace to a new created client?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats not possible yet, it is a point for the feature list i think. You can only delete it, wait a minute until the changes are written to disk, the empty the trash and create the site in the new client.

3. hendry

hendry New Member

When will this function be implemented? I now have 3 websites related to the wrong customer. I have to delete it under ISPConfig and add it again?

How does this work? Does ISPConfig delete the data and after the creation of the new website I have to import a backup?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig is open source software. Therea re no strict plans feature x will be implemeted until date x. You are free to implement features yourself that you miss.

Make a backup of the files in the website. Delete the website. Wait about a minute until ispconfig has changed the config files. Then recreate the website, users and co-domains in ispconfig under the new customer. Copy the files back from your backup.

5. hendry

hendry New Member

Thank you Till for the quick response.

One more question:

For example I remove web3 and web 5, but web 4 stays the same. Will it be possible after deleting web 3 and web5 to recreate them with the same names?

6. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Yes. But before you re-create the web sites, please make sure to remove the old ones from the recycle bin, because otherwise ISPConfig will tell you that the web site is already existing.

7. chachdog

chachdog New Member

Wait

Can't you click tools and then move website? i just changed owners.

8. jmroth

jmroth ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Probably this will work now, but 1 or 2 years ago, this wasn't implemented yet ;)

9. chachdog

chachdog New Member

haha

I could have sworn that the date said aug 2007.

ah funny. well its searchable for the next person.