changing the default apache document root

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jeanjacquesjeanjacques, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Hello,
    I tried to find how to change the document root of my website but i didn't figure out how to do it.
    Do you know how to do this ?

Best regards,

JJ

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Why do you want to change the default document root? ISPConfig does not use it at all and if you configured ISPConfig correctly, you will never see an page in the default docroot.

3. Hello Til,

Thank you for your answer.
    In fact i've installed a cms inside the /home/www/web12/web/ and i would like that the visitors of my website arrive directly to it when they type www.mydomain.org
    Can't i do such things with ISPconfig ?

Thanks,

JJ

4. till

Thats something different. /home/www/web12/web/ is alraedy the document root. Just set the domain of this website to: www.mydomain.org and ad a co-domain mydomain.org with an empty hostname.

5. Sorry but apparently i don0t figure out how to communicate my problem.
    When a visitor is typing www.mydomain.org is arriving here /home/www/web12/web/ and this is normal.
    I would like to change this a little bit, i mean when a user is typing i would like him to be redirected to /home/www/web12/web/cms instead of /home/www/web12/web/ .
    Do you know if this is feasible ?
    I know that i could do a php file with the function header() but i would like to avoid this practice which is not very efficient in terms os search engine optimisation.
    Best regards,

JJ

6. till

Ahhh ok :)

No, you cant change the docroot of a vhost to a subdirectory. But you can use mod_rewrite rules to rewrite the incoming requests to the subdirectory.

7. Thank you for your support Till ! :)