Changing the tabs displayed to client

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Richard Foley, Aug 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Richard Foley

Richard Foley Member

I'd like to modify the navigation tabs. Primarily I'd like to remove the "Help" tab, as I use a different help/support system, so the built-in one is redundant/confusing. I noticed another thread mentioned going to System->Edit->CP_Users (with a warning NOT to edit user there). However, when I *did* modify the user there to uncheck the help box, the help tab did not disappear, it hopped to position #2 in the tab row.

Is there a clean way to modify the header tabs?

2. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I believe you can edit the config file. then re-login as a user.
    /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/config.inc.php
    line 128: $conf['interface_modules_enabled'] = 'dashboard,mail,sites,dns,tools,help';

it's been a long time since I've tried it though, may want to get confirmation from Till.

Richard Foley likes this.
  3. Richard Foley

Richard Foley Member

yes, ok, thanks for that tip, but won't that get overwritten with the next ispConfig software upgrade?

4. Richard Foley

Richard Foley Member

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  5. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

For this one, you should create a config.inc.local.php and put your setting there, otherwise it won't survive ISPConfig updates. Many/most settings in config.inc.php do survive, but that's one which does not (or at least it didn't a couple years ago when I set up our first panel).

Code:
    # cat /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/config.inc.local.php 
    <?php

// Local ispconfig config overrides

$conf['timezone'] = 'America/Denver';

// disabling help module
    $conf['modules_available'] = 'dashboard,admin,mail,sites,monitor,client,dns';
    $conf['interface_modules_enabled'] = 'dashboard,mail,sites,dns,tools';

Richard Foley likes this.
  6. Richard Foley

Richard Foley Member

excellent tip, Jesse. and I can confirm that this works as expected.

Many thanks! :)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019