Changing traffic limit not possible

Discussion in 'General' started by whimboo, May 14, 2009.

1. whimboo

whimboo New Member

Hi,

I wanna change the traffic limit for one of my resellers. But it's not possible. I always get an error like "The reseller uses more traffic as you want to allocate to him". It happens for all possible values.

Can you please help me how I can change the limit?

Thanks!

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You must lower the traffic limits of the reseller's web sites first (so that the traffic total of the reseller's web sites is <= the new reseller limit).

3. whimboo

whimboo New Member

Why do I have to do this as an admin for the reseller? When I set a limit for a reseller it should never be possible for the reseller to assign a greater value when configuring his customer websites. In such a case this setting doesn't make any sense. Why do we have a setting for max traffic limit? That is useless in this way. IMO this is a bug. Does it also apply to other limits like disk space? I hope not.

4. whimboo

whimboo New Member

It shouldn't sound harsh but I have to upgrade a reseller with a dozen of domains. I don't want to tell him, that he has to update all the given traffic first. Is there really no other way? It would be nice to find a better and easy solution. Thanks.

5. whimboo

whimboo New Member

Falko the problem was the traffic restriction for one domain which was set to "-1". In such a case the resellers max value should be used instead of an unlimited value. Can this be fixed in an upcoming version of ispconfig 2?