Changing values of variables used in config template

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by tribis, May 7, 2024.

1. tribis

tribis New Member

Hi, I often see reference to changing config templates with own custom templates.
    However templates do contain vaiables that are populated with values.
    I would like to know how to change the values used in those config templates.
    Specifically I am interested in changing the value of php_fcgi_max_requests used in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf/php-fcgi-starter.master
    Thx

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

See options tab of the website.

3. tribis

tribis New Member

Probably I'm being dense, but I do not see anything that can override those template variables:
    I the options tab there are, among others (unrelated), apache directives or php ini settings. Do you mean that that variable value is taken from the php.ini settings?

4. till

Website options tab, field "PHP-FPM pm.max_requests". See:

2024-05-08 08_21_44-ISPConfig.png

5. tribis

tribis New Member

Now I understand the misunderstanding. I am using fastcgi not php-fpm and I want to override the variable php_fcgi_max_requests that sets the environment variables:

PHP_FCGI_CHILDREN=0
    export PHP_FCGI_CHILDREN
    PHP_FCGI_MAX_REQUESTS=200000

inside the starter wrapper: /var/www/php-fcgi-scripts/web12/.php-fcgi-starter
    That script is created by a template and that template sets those values of 0 or 200000 based on variables (one is the php_fcgi_max_requests mentioned above).
    I can certainly create a custom template with hardcoded values, but - having variables there - I thought a better way could be to override those variable values somewhere.

6. till

I'm not sure why you still use FastCGI mode; it's the predecessor of php-fpm and will get deactivated soon. All new systems should use php-fpm only.