Changing 'web' to 'public' for new sites?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Leftblank, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Leftblank

Leftblank New Member

Hi,

I'm playing with mod_rails and ISPConfig, which seems to be sort of working so far. One of the problems I'm facing is that I have to define the public dir for every vhost, as mod_rails expects the public directory to be named 'public' and not 'web' - like most control panels handle it.

I've tried looking through the ISPconfig server config file, but I haven't found a setting regarding this, so I'm wondering, is it possible at all to automagically use 'public' instead of 'web' for new sites?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The website file directory in ispconfig is named web and not public. By the way, a loz of controlpanels name it web and other name it public_html. The name of the directory can not be configured, you have to change the sources if you want to change it.

3. Leftblank

Leftblank New Member

That's what I said, ye ;)
    Ye correct, but it'd be helpful for mod_rails and other third party options to configure the name of the directory I suppose.

However, I'm curious if it would be possible for me to alter the .vhost template that is used to add the following line with the right foldername;
    Code:
    PassengerAppRoot /var/www/domain.com