Charatters limit in Send copy to field on mailbox settings

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by gscaglia, Jan 17, 2021.

1. gscaglia

gscaglia Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi there,
    I have to enter about 15 email addresses in the Send copy to field (Ispconfig 3.1.15p3 on Debian 10) and at some point, depending on the length of the email addresses, the 10th or 11th address is truncated as if there is a character limit attached to the field itself.

Here is an example: [email protected]; [email protected],...,[email protected],address10@gma
    That is, while entering [email protected] is returned and above all written in the ispconfig.sieve file only address10@gma truncating everything that comes after.

Is there a way to extend the number of characters that can be entered in the Send copy to field?

Thanks a lot,
    Luca

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

Upgrade to a current ispconfig version, I believe that field size was increased some time ago.

3. gscaglia

Are you sure or could it be?

4. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You should update due to security fixes anyway ;)

5. gscaglia

Of course I will update as soon as possible but if the update does not solve the problem I have to solve it in another way because I have the customer who needs it.

If someone gave me the certainty I could stop looking for the solution because it would be enough for me to update.

6. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I just tested it and it should be fixed, I was able to enter a lot of addresses. So updating your setup should be the answer ;)

gscaglia likes this.