chroot

Discussion in 'General' started by axxies, Nov 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. axxies

axxies Member

I have tried to find the answer in the forums, but the only thing I find is on a client level.

Anyway, I have a set of cronjobs that doesn't feel very good to be executed with the jailkit rooted shell. Every time I do an update from within ISPconfig, I need to open a root session and go /etc/cron.d and edit the cron file for the specific user ID and then rename the file to not contain the "chrooted" string so that it's easy to see if the file has been updated.

Well, this works, but is fairly annoying, so therefor I am asking how to avoid the chrooted shell in cronjobs.
    I would really appreciate a detailed step by step guide.

Thank you!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Search for full cron in the Ispconfig manual. In 3.1 manual it is page 119.
    Or create shell user that is not chrooted.

3. axxies

axxies Member

Thanks! It's on page 116 in my manual for 3.1, but it still doesn't work.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Works fine here in 3.1.13. You have to delete the cronjob and then create a new one. The limits will not alter an existing cronjob.

5. axxies

axxies Member

I have a set of cronjobs that are created when the client was set to chrooted cron, then I changed the client to full cron. This has now given the effect that old crons are stored in the ispc_chooted_webX while the cronjobs created after the client is updated is stored in ispc_webX .

Can I make my old cron jobs be handled as my new cronjobs (full cron) without deleting them and re-create them ?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is currently no function for that in ISPConfig, but I've planned to add one for 3.1.14.

axxies likes this.