clamav and spam problem in Centos 7.1

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Michaeltc, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Michaeltc

Michaeltc New Member

Dear all:

Today, I try to setup ispconfig 3 base on below link
    https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial...-php-pureftpd-postfix-dovecot-and-ispconfig3/

I have follow all step, at final, I can open ispconfig to send / receive email under vhost. However, I find there have some problem, as below:
    1. I have find there an error in maillog and it show
    amavis[2654]: (02654-01) (!)connect to /var/run/clamd.amavisd/clamd.sock failed, attempt #1: Can't connect to a U...directory
    and I find there are nothing in /var/run/clamd.amavisd/, can you advice about that ?

Beside, we receive the email from outside, and try look into email header, it seem there no x-spam check, so I think system have do spam check even, I enable spam filter and set it "normal" on the email account. Could you advise how to solve

Appreciate from your reply

Thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Try to restart clamav.

3. Michaeltc

Michaeltc New Member

I try to restart whole server , but the problem same

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please restart just ClamAV, not the whole server. Did clamav restart without errors? Did you check the maillog file for errors after you restarted it?

5. Michaeltc

Michaeltc New Member

Hi after checking, when I send email gmail account to my server, I cannot receive that email
    from maillog it show as below
    postfix/smtp[3095]: connect to 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10024: Connection refused

Do you have any idea?

6. Michaeltc

Michaeltc New Member

sorry pls ignore this error log
    postfix/smtp[3095]: connect to 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10024: Connection refused
    and I have solve

But , when I solve this problem, the maillog will show the below error message
    amavis[2641]: (02641-01) (!)connect to /var/run/clamd.amavisd/clamd.sock failed, attempt #1: Can't connect to a UNIX socket /var/run/clamd.amavisd/clamd.sock: No such file or directory

This is the problem even I have receive that the email from my mail client.

Thanks for your help

7. chaosad

chaosad New Member

Could you explain your steps please?
    I had the same error with the howto and have still the problem.
    I can send an receive mails, but the spamfilter ignores the isp-config settings.
    I couldnt start clamd after the howto setup.
    Then I installed this packages and I was able to start clamd, no errors in the logfiles or installation but he use the /etc/amavis/amavis.conf and not the /etc/amavis.conf config. If I change it, clamd dont start.

The howto doenst really work with the postfix amavis clam config :-(

8. Michaeltc

Michaeltc New Member

My final solution is not install amavis , as I have try many time to fix, but it can't. And I just want to do anti-spam function and then I modify master.cf and main.cf and route all income email to spamassassin service directly.

If ispconfig can solve this problem , will try it on test server again.

9. Thaddeus

Thaddeus New Member

Hi, I had a similar problem. How I solved it was by making the socket the same on
    /etc/clamd.d/amavisd.conf
    Code:
     LocalSocket /var/run/clamd.amavisd/clamd.sock 
    and in
    /etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf
    Code:
    ### http://www.clamav.net/
      ['ClamAV-clamd',
        \&ask_daemon, ["CONTSCAN {}\n", "/var/run/clamd.amavisd/clamd.sock"],
        qr/\bOK$/m, qr/\bFOUND$/m,
        qr/^.*?: (?!Infected Archive)(.*) FOUND$/m ] 
    make sure the directory exists /var/run/clamd.amavisd
    then systemctl start clamd@amavisd

chaosad likes this.
  10. DDArt

DDArt Member

This might be still on topic but what about old, easy to find viruses. Spam-assassin tags it as **SPAM** but the attachments of zip files full of jDownload viruses still come through. Any way to tag or remove these, is clamav not doing its job?

11. chaosad

chaosad New Member

Are this the only adjustments you made?
    With this adjustments I can start both services:

service amavisd start
    service clamd@amavisd start

12. chaosad

chaosad New Member

but I receive the following error:

Code:
    May  4 22:49:12 localhost postfix/submission/smtpd[5895]: 39552830DB31: client=wxxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx.xxx.xxx.net[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx], sasl_method=PLAIN, [email protected]
    May  4 22:49:12 localhost postfix/cleanup[5936]: 39552830DB31: message-id=<[email protected]>
    May  4 22:49:12 localhost postfix/qmgr[1469]: 39552830DB31: from=<[email protected]>, size=660, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
    May  4 22:49:13 localhost amavis[5687]: (05687-01) Blocked SPAM {DiscardedOpenRelay,Quarantined}, [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]:55657 [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] <[email protected]> -> <[email protected]>, Queue-ID: 39552830DB31, Message-ID: <[email protected]>, mail_id: Jc5TBL4hsNs6, Hits: -1, size: 660, 1331 ms
    May  4 22:49:13 localhost postfix/smtp[5937]: 39552830DB31: to=<[email protected], relay=127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10024, delay=1.6, delays=0.2/0.01/0.02/1.3, dsn=2.7.0, status=sent (250 2.7.0 Ok, discarded, id=05687-01 - spam)
    May  4 22:49:13 localhost postfix/qmgr[1469]: 39552830DB31: removed

Why he checks outbound mails on spam?

maybe you can share your

/etc/amavisd.conf
    /etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf
    /etc/clamd.d/amavisd.conf

with us?
    I would be very grateful

13. Thaddeus

Thaddeus New Member

Hi, By default Amavisd scans both incoming and outgoing mail. If you dont want it to scan outgoing mail perhaps you can search the forum how to do change the settings.

14. chaosad

chaosad New Member

thank you Thaddeus, I will try it, but I´m not a postfix or amavis Profi.
    its really tough for me :-(

15. chaosad

chaosad New Member

ok if I change this in the file /etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf

Code:
    #$final_spam_destiny  = D_DISCARD;  #!!!  D_DISCARD / D_REJECT
    #$final_bad_header_destiny = D_BOUNCE;

to
    Code:
    $final_spam_destiny  = D_PASS;;
    $final_bad_header_destiny = D_PASS;;

it looks like it works now.

Code:
    May  5 12:38:21 localhost amavis[3415]: (03415-01) Passed SPAM {RelayedOpenRelay,Quarantined},
    [code]

the only problem I have now is, if I use TLS for mail outbound, I have to wait 45 seconds until he sends the mail.