Clamav and spamassasian high CPU usage

Discussion in 'General' started by mxc, Jan 12, 2010.

1. mxc

mxc Member

Hi all,

I know this is an ongoing issue and have read the other forum posts. I just want to check whether simply changing clamscan to use clamdscan in hte clamassassian file is the way to go. Is it possible to turn off clamav globally because trying to do trouble shooting on a server with this issue is hard when there is no cpu cycles available.

What is strange for us is that suddenly we are having clamav problems when the server has been fine for months and there has been no update. Anyone else experiencing problems with clamav lately?

2. Mark_NL

Mark_NL Member

our hosting servers that run ispconfig had the same problem, all those processes are forked everytime it's needed, that gave us some pretty high load when we got alot of mail.

What i did was daemonize spamassassin and clamav .. the only downside to this is that you cannot use the user preferences of spamassassin anymore .. you need to set a global server wide SA config and turn the Virus/Spam checkboxes off in ISPConfig to prefent double checking of mail.

This drastically reduced the load on the server.