Clamav error installing on Ubuntu 22.04

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Sergio W., Dec 15, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Sergio W.

Sergio W. Member

Hi,
    I'm trying ISPConfig on Ubuntu 22.04. I installed it using autoinstaller, with the following command:

Code:
    wget -O - https://get.ispconfig.org | sh -s -- --use-nginx --use-php=7.4,8.0,8.1,8.2 --use-ftp-ports=42110-42210 --unattended-upgrades --no-mailman --no-roundcube --no-dns --interactive

At the end I get the following error:

[INFO] clamav-daemon: FAILED
    [WARN] clamav-daemon seems not to be running! (/lib/os/class.ISPConfigDebianOS.inc.php:2107)

Running "systemctl status clamav-daemon.service" returns:

Code:
    root@server ~ # systemctl status clamav-daemon.service
    ○ clamav-daemon.service - Clam AntiVirus userspace daemon
         Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/clamav-daemon.service; enabled; vendor>
        Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/clamav-daemon.service.d
                 └─extend.conf
         Active: inactive (dead)
      Condition: start condition failed at Thu 2022-12-15 15:19:38 CET; 11min ago
                 └─ ConditionPathExistsGlob=/var/lib/clamav/daily.{c[vl]d,inc} was >
           Docs: man:clamd(8)
                 man:clamd.conf(5)
                 https://docs.clamav.net/

dic 15 15:15:20 server systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/clamav-daemon.servic>
    dic 15 15:15:20 server systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/clamav-daemon.servic>
    dic 15 15:15:21 server systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/clamav-daemon.servic>
    dic 15 15:15:21 server systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/clamav-daemon.servic>
    dic 15 15:16:02 server systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/clamav-daemon.servic>
    dic 15 15:16:03 server systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/clamav-daemon.servic>
    dic 15 15:16:03 server systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/clamav-daemon.servic>
    dic 15 15:16:04 server systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/clamav-daemon.servic>
    dic 15 15:16:08 server systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/clamav-daemon.servic>
    dic 15 15:19:38 server systemd[1]: Condition check resulted in Clam AntiVir>
    lines 1-21/21 (END)...skipping...
    ○ clamav-daemon.service - Clam AntiVirus userspace daemon
         Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/clamav-daemon.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
        Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/clamav-daemon.service.d
                 └─extend.conf
         Active: inactive (dead)
      Condition: start condition failed at Thu 2022-12-15 15:19:38 CET; 11min ago
                 └─ ConditionPathExistsGlob=/var/lib/clamav/daily.{c[vl]d,inc} was not met
           Docs: man:clamd(8)
                 man:clamd.conf(5)
                 https://docs.clamav.net/

dic 15 15:15:20 server systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/clamav-daemon.service:12: Standard output type syslog is obsolete, automatically updating to journal. Please update your unit file, and consider removing the set>
    dic 15 15:15:20 server systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/clamav-daemon.service:12: Standard output type syslog is obsolete, automatically updating to journal. Please update your unit file, and consider removing the set>
    dic 15 15:15:21 server systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/clamav-daemon.service:12: Standard output type syslog is obsolete, automatically updating to journal. Please update your unit file, and consider removing the set>
    dic 15 15:15:21 server systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/clamav-daemon.service:12: Standard output type syslog is obsolete, automatically updating to journal. Please update your unit file, and consider removing the set>
    dic 15 15:16:02 server systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/clamav-daemon.service:12: Standard output type syslog is obsolete, automatically updating to journal. Please update your unit file, and consider removing the set>
    dic 15 15:16:03 server systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/clamav-daemon.service:12: Standard output type syslog is obsolete, automatically updating to journal. Please update your unit file, and consider removing the set>
    dic 15 15:16:03 server systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/clamav-daemon.service:12: Standard output type syslog is obsolete, automatically updating to journal. Please update your unit file, and consider removing the set>
    dic 15 15:16:04 server systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/clamav-daemon.service:12: Standard output type syslog is obsolete, automatically updating to journal. Please update your unit file, and consider removing the set>
    dic 15 15:16:08 server systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/clamav-daemon.service:12: Standard output type syslog is obsolete, automatically updating to journal. Please update your unit file, and consider removing the set>
    dic 15 15:19:38 server systemd[1]: Condition check resulted in Clam AntiVirus userspace daemon being skipped.

How can I solve this?

Thanks!

2. Sergio W.

Sergio W. Member

Maybe I runned twice in an hour freshclam so I was rate limited or blocked by the CDN... does this sound plausible?

3. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

That may not be the cause.
    What happens if you start clamav-daemon.service?
    What is in logs if clamav exits again?

4. Sergio W.

Sergio W. Member

Thanks for your support @Taleman
    launching service clamav-daemon start
    returns nothing.

5. Sergio W.

Sergio W. Member

I copied all files under /var/lib/clamav from another machine, restarted clamv-daemon.service and it works.
    Now I will check if they will be automatically updated.

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

First, the issue is uncritical for other parts of the install. I just mention it so that you don't reinstall :)

Yes, that's one possibility. I had this several times in the past when doing test installations. Usually, it fixes itself on the next regular freshclam run.

7. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

On Ubuntu 22.04 the command to start service is
    Code:
    systemctl start clamav-daemon.service
    You should stop using the service -command.
    I say it would have been useful to find out why clamav could not run. Your fix may not work properly.

8. Sergio W.

Sergio W. Member

Thanks @till and @talesman.
    I understand that this fix may not work properly but should be a confirmation that my VPS was blocked by the CDN. So I will evaluate to configure a private local mirror with cvdupdate.