cleanup problems with 2.2.3

Discussion in 'General' started by djtremors, Jul 13, 2006.

1. djtremors

djtremors ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Hey all,

more issues with ISPconfig 2.2.3 I've been seeing.

I've noticed that there seems to be non cleaning up of things.

eg.
    I setup MX and setup a user, postfix all works. I now remove the user and empty the recycle bin and then remove the MX as well as set the Local Mailserver set to now be External Server but I still see postfix is managing the mail and virtusertable is still showing the user account address there.

Another one is I created a site and then once it's visible, I change the name from test.domain.com to www.domain.com
    All works fine but I noticed this :

PHP:
    lrwxrwxrwx  1 root               root   13 Jul 13 13:25 test.domain.com -> /var/www/web4
    drwxr
    -xr-x  8 web2_user1     web2 4096 Jul 13 15:23 web2
    drwxr
    -xr-x  8 web4_user2     web4 4096 Jul 13 14:08 web4
    drwxr
    -xr-x  8 web5_test       web5 4096 Jul 13 14:36 web5
    lrwxrwxrwx  1 root               root   13 Jul 11 13
    :26 www.domain.com -> /var/www/web2
    so even though that test is now www, the symbolic link still exists. Not big drama but can get quite confusing.

I've been seeing similar things in other places too which i haven't noted down yet.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you set the co-domain of this website to external mailserver too?

Yes, thats a known Issuse. The problem is that the server script does not "know" the old domain so it can not remove the smlink correctly and checking all symlinks every time a domain is changed costs to much processing time.Maybe we will solve it with a cronjob that cleans up the symlinks from time to time.

3. djtremors

PHP:
    Did you set the co-domain of this website to external mailserver too?
    Yeah I noticed there's 2 sets of MXs, the www+domain and the domain itself.. both are set to "External Mailserver". Both MXs are turned off and the DNS is showing that it's correct but the /etc/postfix/local-host-names still shows the domain.
    So now my webserver is sending emails to itself instead of the real mailserver for the domain, which then bounces.
    There's aldo virtualusertable entries.

4. till

I'am not talking about MX records, as they are not connected to the postfix configuration.

Please check the options tab of the website of this domain and the co-domains if they are set to external mailserver (in ISPManager).

5. djtremors

Yeha I know MX isn't to do with Postfix but was making sure as I don't want the MX to point to itself as the Mail server anyway.

OK, i figured what it was.. it's in the Users & Emails section. I removed this account but now that I've done that, the emails are gone but so has access to the FTP.

I can't create an FTP user that doesn't require an email address? I think this is where I'm getting confused.
    Oh, I'm talking about real ftp and not via the Web-FTP which is useless when copying 10 folders with multiple subfolders and no CHMOD functions.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2006
  6. till

You can create an FTP user without an email address by setting the email domain to external. Make sure you set it to external on the options tab of the website and the options tab of the co-domain.

If the domain is set to external mailserver, ISPConfig does not add this domain to the postfix configuration.

7. Ben

Ben ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Actually no, I asked that already, because I was confused about that, also. ;)

8. djtremors

OK, double checked that both domain and co-domain have both external mailserver on.
    created a new user and getting

Field: Email
    The email address must contain between 1 and 60 letters or numbers.

What other things does it check besides External Mailserver that triggers this? Or tell me which php code and where abouts, I'll could figure out whats triggering the error.

@Ben: nothings impossible. Just needs patching ;) But if it truely suppose to do it then so be it....

Last edited: Jul 13, 2006
  9. djtremors

I could try finding this in code but not only the lack of comments but it's in german.. argh... he he...

10. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

The code is in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/plugins/isp_username.plugin.php in the functions insert() and update(), something like this:

Code:
    if(!preg_match("/^[a-zA-Z][\w\.\-\_]{0,60}$/",$email)) {

11. djtremors

OK thanks, that'll narrow it down for me.

I would contribute to this if only I could read this code. For some reason it's hard to follow and from multidoc/edit/edit.php i can't find where it loads the sections up.. he he.. oh well. must be a template thing.

i'll give this a go.. thx

12. till

We are translating the comments to english, step by step when we work on the files :)

13. till

The file multidoc/edit/edit.php is generationg all the forms, it reads the information from a serialized object that is stored in the doctype database table.

The forms can have plugins like the username plugin that falko described and the forms have always action forms. You can find the name of the action form class and the function names in thes ettings of the form in the form editor. The action classes are stored in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes.

14. djtremors

OK I got mine working now. no need for emails to create just FTP access though I didn't see any checks for mail setup, just enforces email addresses no matter what.

thanks for the info.