Client cannot login on second server

Discussion in 'General' started by Ronald01990, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Ronald01990

Ronald01990 New Member

I have a multi server setup where one server acts as a master server and all other servers are used for web hosting servers (running a webserver, mailserver and database server).

I enabled the ISPConfig web interface on each server. Our own website runs at the master server (master.domain.tld, and we can login to the ISPConfig panel on that address to controll all servers, clients, websites etc.). The websites of our clients will run on the other servers (serverX.domain.tld), with multiple clients on one server. Now when I create a new client, everything goes well except that they cannot login on the control panel on their server. Even when I set their default server on the serverX.domain.tld. They are only able to login at master.domain.tld.

Now I noticed that they have a CP record on the master server only, not on "their" server. Now I could make new CP records for those users on their server, but then I would have to lookup the admin password, login at those servers create their user accounts... Would me much better if I could sync them somehow.

Is there an option to do this? Or can I make a sync job myself? Where would be te place to do that?

Thanks in advance!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats the problem. The ispconfig interface may be enabled on the master server only, the slaves may not run a interface. the only excemption for that is when master and slave are mirror servers, in this case the interface on the slave is configured to connect to the mirrored copy of the master database as described in the mirror tutorial.

3. Ronald01990

Ronald01990 New Member

Ok, but is there any way I can make my clients login on their own server?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Clients dont have own servers in a multiserver setup. The intention of having a multiserver setup is to control multiple servers trough one controlpanel and you can assign ressurces for clients where you want. All clients are logging in trough the controlpanel of the master of if you have setup a fault tolerant setup, then on the master or one of its mirrors.

If clinst would be able to login on their own servers, then the data that they would enter there could collide with changes that you make on the master and for that reasons, there are no client logins on slave systems.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  5. Ronald01990

Ronald01990 New Member

Yeah I know they don't have their own server, I mean "the server where their website is hosted on" with that. Ok then I know that this is just not possible and that I should disable that control panel interface. Thanks for your help!