Client customer code as a mandatory field

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by marceloleaes, Oct 27, 2020.

1. marceloleaes

marceloleaes New Member

Put the customer code as a mandatory field.
    When the option to automatically generate the field is disabled and the person does not enter a code, the client is created without a code and the sites associated with this client do not work.

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

They work fine without a code, that's how I always create them. It maybe in missing something in your description?

3. marceloleaes

marceloleaes New Member

I went through a situation where a client was created without code and when creating the second site linked to this client when accessing always open the first site. After manually adjusting the code the sites started to open normally.

4. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I agree that it would be a good idea to make client ID a mandatory field, especially if it causes problems. We should test that. @Croydon what do you think?

5. Jesse Norell

To clarify, what do you mean by 'customer code'? My comment refers to the 'Customer No.' field of the client, which should not be mandatory, nor does leaving it empty cause any issues in my use, but maybe you're referring to something else?

6. Jesse Norell

Issues of opening the wrong site are asked multiple times per week, the causes have nothing to do with the 'Customer No.' field.

Th0m likes this.