client disappeared from the list

Discussion in 'General' started by Ovidiu, May 9, 2010.

1. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

I just wanted to grant a client access to a higher number of DBs but couldn't find him in the list of clients in ISPCFG3.

That particular client is just gone, although his sites are still functioning.

How to solve this? I am currently on ISPCFG 3.0.1.6 and afraid upgrading will remove all the sites belonging to the missing client :-(

Any advice is welcome.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Look into the reseller list. I guess you assigned this client a "Client Limit" > 0 which means that he is a reseller as he is able to create subclients.

3. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

unfortunately not :-(

I have no resellers and 8 clients.

If I create a new site, the drop down shows me 9 possible clients to assign the new site to.

The missing client is the one I created for myself :-( all my sites, still belong to this missing client...

anymore ideas?

4. till

Please check if the client is still in the "client" database table.

5. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

yes, the client is still there.

6. till

Ok. Thats a good starting point. If you compare this client with the other visible clients, do you see any differences e.g. in the sys_* fields or the value of the limit_client field?

7. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

absolutely no difference, except that when it comes to limits, my client has a -1 in almost all fields, as I didn't want to limit myself :-(

8. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

@Till: what now? how could I restore the client?

9. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

sorry to push this up again, but no ideas? Or shall I try and upgrade ispcfg to the newesst version and see if it gets fixed?

10. till

Set the field "limit_client" to 0

11. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

thx. works fine.