Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by massekott, Jun 2, 2006.

1. massekott

massekott New Member

I tried to login to ISPConfig today, haven't logged in in a while and I'm getting this error:

Code:
    Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php on line 76

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php on line 76

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php:76) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/login/login.php on line 56

I'm on Debian Sarge and followed the perfect setup.

I upgraded to mysql 4.1 so this may be the cause of the problem. I'm pretty sure it was working fine after the upgrade though. I've tried switching old password on and off in my.cnf and that doesn't fix it either.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This error occurs normally when the mySQL client library compiled in the ISPConfig PHP is too old.

To fix this, install the libmysqlclient dev library for mysql 4.1 from DEBIAN and then update your ISPCOnfig installation to the latest version. If you have already the latest ISPConfig version installed, you can run the update again.

3. massekott

massekott New Member

worked

That worked, thanks!

4. Nap

Nap Member

I've done the same thing as massekott, and have the same problem.

But I don't know how to update ISPConfig's libmysqlclient using the Update function when ISPConfig was compiled on the machine?

I used apt-get install to confirm that libmysqlclient14 & libmysqlclient14-dev are the latest. (or do I need no. 15?)

Cheers,
    Nap

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer