Client login data

Discussion in 'General' started by Hans, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

When i define the login data for a new client, the following error occurred:

The ISPConfig user does already exist.
    The user was not added or changed.

On which locations can i verify the if the clientname exists indeed if i can not find it within ISPConfig 2.2.6?

2. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

Maybe you created that user allready some time ago, and deleted it.
    If so, than have a look in the "Recycle Bin", and empty or restore it.

3. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Hi Edge,

Of course, i looked first in the recycle bins, but there is nothing there.
    Indeed, i created the clientname in the past too, but within ISPConfig it does not exists anymore!

I am wondering if there is any location where i can find it and remove it manually...

4. mphayesuk

mphayesuk Member HowtoForge Supporter

If you wanted to you could check the tables using phpadmin and see if the username is still in one of the tables.

5. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

When i press, on the recycle bins i read the messages:

Note: Items remaining in recycle bin after emptying are currently in update state. Please try to delete them later.

The recycle bin cannot be accessed because the system is currently being updated. Please try again in a few minutes.

I have looked in phpmyadmin, but the client does not exists there, and the old (deleted client) can still login in the ISPControl panel!

What can i do now?

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Please check if the user is listed in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/users. You can delete it from there if you're sure it doesn't exist in /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow.

7. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

This is weird!

- The client does not exits in the ispconfig database.
    - Does not exists in in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/users
    - And its password does not exists /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow

But...The client, who is deleted in the past can still login!!

When i check the recycle bins and try to empty them, the errors still occurs:

Items remaining in recycle bin after emptying are currently in update state. Please try to delete them later.

The recycle bin cannot be accessed because the system is currently being updated. Please try again in a few minutes.

:confused:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2006
  8. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

I've found the client within the table sys_user, can i just delete it within phpmyadmin or will i damage the database?

9. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

First, clients can not block the recycle bin as they dont have a status field. They are just a virtual construct for the management interface and they do not exist in any config file on your server.

Is only this client record left in the recycle bin or are there any other records like webs or users?

10. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Till,

Yhank you for your reply!

In ispconfig when i click on the recycle bin icon of the admin, I see:

Note: Items remaining in recycle bin after emptying are currently in update state. Please try to delete them later.

When I click on the recycle bin icon of the reseller, I see them same error message.
    But both recycle bins does NOT show any items left there.
    Is there another way why these errors are occurring?

By the way, when I create a site (for testing) and I delete it, the site is moved to one of the recycle bins.
    The error messages are there, but I can normally empty the recycle bins.

11. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This are no errors, it is just a notice that is always shown, even when the recycle bin is empty.

12. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Till,

Thank you.
    Strange, i really did not see them before...
    Till,

I have these messages since i removed the mySQL database of the clients site.What happened was that the whole site was removed to the recycle bin.

Ok, if you say so. I can sleep tonight again.

Thanks Till.