Client signup page - does one exist?

Discussion in 'General' started by dazlat, Feb 9, 2010.

1. dazlat

dazlat New Member

Hi all,

I've been evaluating a number of ISP packages and I have been very impressed with ISPConfig 3! :)

It looks like ISPConfig, as well as a number I have seen so far, require an approved admin to create email accounts etc.

I was wondering if there was the feature (or anyone else had created it) to allow users to create their own email accounts via a signup page against a predefined domain name i.e. without requiring login credentials beforehand? So the user creates all the required data - think hotmail or gmail signup process, the system could then either auto create the login info and email credentials to the user, or, place it in a queue pending admin review/approval.

Is this function available?

Many thanks,

Darren

2. Germanius

Germanius Member

You can realize something like that with the remoting framework of ispconfig (API).
    You can find examples in the downloaded software.

3. dazlat

dazlat New Member

Aha! Found it, many, many thanks Germanius! Now time to play with the script :D

4. Ed Carroll

Ed Carroll New Member

Good morning
    I find that the WHMCS module cost monthly fees.. is there a free version of the same type of code operations for the customers landing pages and connecting the billing/ispconfig module up with the wordpress system?

5. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

there is a module/plugin for linking ispconfig and whmcs, you can find it here https://www.howtoforge.com/community/threads/new-ispconfig-module-for-whmcs.67824/ it's free as far as I know, I did try it a while ago, but it didn't quite meet my needs, It created every new order in whmcs as a new account in ispconfig, I don't know if that's been sorted yet, but it was a deal breaker for me.
    I don't know of any that charge a monthly fee, I thought it was whmcs itself that went to monthly subscriptions and dropped the perpetual licence.

there's two wordpress plugins that I know of:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-ispconfig/
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-ispconfig3/
    although it looks like there's still quite a bit of work still needed to get them to a completed stage with all ispconfig functions working.

6. Ed Carroll

Ed Carroll New Member

I got the ispconfig3 plugin installed on my wordpress site.. no issues.. but, there is no webpages with scripts for the users to order or configure their websites with.. no links other than the backdoor API call.. but it looks like a manual operation and I need it to be automated.. via the customers... to control...

7. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

As advised 10 years earlier:
    So use or modify free softwares mentioned above or write your own based on the API if free solution is really what you want.

Otherwise, do subscribe or buy the needed softwares or hire coders to do so for you.