Clients cannot change PHP version

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by harkman, Jan 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harkman

harkman Member

Hello.
    I have an issue with the current version of ISPconfig.
    One of my clients informed me, that he is not able to change the PHP version of his websites.
    I checked this and they are right. Only Admins can change the PHP version.

I searched the whole settings area thinking maybe this is a setting (to not allow clients to change domain tab settings of a website), but did not find anything.
    I'm running Ispconfig in the "Only Admins can create Domains" Mode, maybe this is a problem?
    My server is running NGiNX and PHP-FPM on Debian 7.

Any suggestions what to to?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That's the admin protection feature. When a website has been added by the admin, then only the admin can change these settings. When the website has been created by the client or the admin used the Älogin as client' function, then the client can alter the settings of the site.

3. harkman

harkman Member

@till Thank you. Can I switch this off? It would be ok if I can do this in the database.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Take a look at the web_domain table, the sys_perm_group value of the website needs to be changed from 'ru' to 'riud' to switch that off for the site.

5. harkman

harkman Member

Ok. I tried this and changed:
    UPDATE `dbispconfig`.`web_domain` SET `sys_perm_group`='riud' WHERE `domain_id`=1;
    Still I cannot change the PHP version when logged in as Client.
    When I apply the changes in the panel I can see that no entry in the job-queue has been created. So I guess the form processing already skips the changes.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.