Clients cannot change PHP version

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Mohye94, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Mohye94

Mohye94 New Member

2. chris1x

chris1x New Member

Hi,
    i had the sam problem!
    After changing the 'riud' in the Database as described, i had still the same problem that the client cannot change the php version.
    After searching for a solution i changed the "sys_userid" (table: web_domain) to the "userid" number which i found in the table "sys_user", for the user i want to change.
    In my case it was the same number as the number in "sys_groupid". Maybe it's always the same number but i dont know so far.
    I think the "sys_userid" had the number of the admin insert and so after i changed this to the one from the user, the client was able to change the php version.
    upload_2018-12-6_23-49-38.png

I dont know that's realy the right solution, but it's working for me now.

till likes this.
  3. Sir Henry

Sir Henry Member

Same problem here, only admin can switch the PHP version, clients can't. What might be important, also when admin logs in as client, the version cannot be changed.
    The proposed fiddling with group ids can't be correct, any idea how to investigate the problem? I could not find any hint in the log files.

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I remember reading if client creates website then client can change PHP version. Or if admin created it after login as client.

5. Sir Henry

Sir Henry Member

Yes, the link is in the first post :D
    But never mind, I changed the database as Till proposed (web_domain table.sys_perm_group: ru -> riud) and it is working now.
    However why should a site behave differently when created by the admin? If there is a good reason, then there should also be a setting in the web frontend to change it.

6. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

It's called client protect mode I think, and certainly has some use cases for clients which tend to break their configurations, but it would be nice if there were more control over it, and maybe default to needing explicitly enabled. There is a rfe in the bug tracker to add user interface configuration for that, which you could vote for and it might get implemented faster.