Clients Can't Login to PHPmyadmin

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by OpenSources, Jun 28, 2017.

1. OpenSources

OpenSources Member

Hello,
    I have been facing this issue since I installed ISPCONFIG and it hasn't bothered me much until today. No one can login to PHPMYADMIN using their database credentials

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Do the database credentials work otherwise, e.g. in the website cms systems? If yes, then they must work in PHPMyAmin as well as. So maybe you connect to the wrong PHPMyAdmin instance, in case you are using a multiserver setup.

3. OpenSources

OpenSources Member

Everything with the database works perfectly. All databases are accessible, accounts login, everything. The only issue that I have is when i go to controlpanel.com/phpmyadmin I can only login with the root users account and I can only see the databases that are associated with the server and nothing concerning users databases.

Also, if I login into the db server itself all the databases and users are there. They just aren't visible from phpymadmin

What did you mean by connected to wrong instance?

4. till

If I understand you correctly, then you have a multiserver system. The controlpanel server is not the database server and phpmyadmin connects to localhost. so when you connect to phpmyadmin on the controlpabel server, then this phpmyadmin connects to the mysql instance of the controlpanel server and not your database server or in other words, you connect to the wrong phpmyadmin installation.

There are two solutions, either you install phpmyadmin on the database server and connect to that phpmyadmin when you want to edit a client database or you install phpmyadmin on the web server that hosts the client websites and change its configuration to connect to the database server and then let your customers use that phpmyadmin.

If you have multiple db servers and install phpmyadmin on each of them, then you can use a placeholder for the server name in the phpmyadmin url in ispconfig under System > Interface config so a user that clicks on the db icon in ispconfig gets redirected to the right phpmyadmin instance.

5. OpenSources

OpenSources Member

I knew it had to be something along those lines. Would it be possible to request this be documented for future references

6. till

I'll try to add some notes in the FAQ.